Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Columbus Zoo and Aquarium

On Monday, Boyfriend and I headed down to Columbus, Ohio to go to the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium! It has been a really long time since we have both been to a zoo and have never been to this one before. We had so much fun and saw a lot of unique animals. The zoo was huge so it was worth the three hour drive to get there!
 I really liked how they had the whole place set up. Each continent had its own little area and there were plenty of signs and workers to help you get to where you wanted to go.

One of the first animals we came across was the moose. It's one of my favorite animals and I have never seen one in person before. It was one of the many animals that I was looking forward to seeing.

Ever since I was a little girl, monkeys have always been a favorite of mine. I was glad that the zoo so many different kinds of them. Gorillas, Bonobos, Mandrills, Siamangs, Orangutans, Silver Leaf Langurs, and even Colobus Monkeys!

There were also a lot of unique animals that I haven't even heard of before. It was cool reading about them and watching them move around and such. Two of my favorites were the male Markhor and the Okapi. I love that the Okapi has a tongue like a Giraffe!!

I can't wait to go back to the zoo again! I think I want to go to the Detroit or Toledo one next. It took about five hours to get through the entire thing so hopefully the next one we go to will be just as big! I hope you enjoyed my photos at the zoo and had a wonderful 4th of July weekend!!!

No comments: