Monday, July 11, 2011

Oh my lanta, I think I'm in love!

After waiting for 9 days (I'm a very impatient woman) I finally got my new camera. I can't believe I've been using this thing for three and a half years! I desperately needed an upgrade.


I picked up the camera Saturday morning and by that evening I was already taking tons of photos and falling even more in love with him! For the past couple of months I've been using the school's camera and it's just so nice to finally have one of my own. If you haven't already heard me talking about my dream camera in my other posts, I purchased the new-ish Canon 60D.


The flip out screen is really helpful. Since I'm short, if I'm taking a picture of something that's tall, I can just put the camera up in the air and flip the screen down. I also love how big the screen is. All of my images look crisp!


And, It also takes video! I'm so excited to test it out. I've been using my I-pod nano for video and I have a feeling that this baby will do so much better. Haha.

I fell in love with it after I took the first shot.


There is still a lot that I need to learn about it. When I got it Saturday I went outside immediately and took pictures with a friend so I haven't really read all of the manual yet. I'm excited to learn more though. The other day I found the creative filters that I can do straight on the camera. There's black & white, toy camera, miniature, and soft focus effects.

One thing I have to get used to is how heavy it is. I mean it's not monstrous but compared to the schools Rebels  it's about double the weight.

I can't wait to sit down and learn more about it!

1 comment:

Jessica Gitler said...

nothing better then having a new camera and the way you fall in love with it, I recently just purchased the Canon 7d and feel that exact way! congrats on your new baby!! haha, I mean camera but the same almost ..
www.jesscauseblog.blogspot.com