Sunday, March 27, 2011

What's for Dinner Tonight?

...along with some bacon and scrambled eggs with shredded cheese on top...NUMMY!

I had an amazing time making french toast for the first time tonight and thought I would share the goodness! I know it's usually a breakfast meal but I was craving it. I never really realized how weird french toast is...I mean bread with egg cooked on it? Well who ever created it is a genius!

..........................

Okay so I was curious and googled it...hahaha. According to Wikipedia, it was created in France...hence the name...and the earliest mention of it is in the Apicius, a collection of French recipes dating back to the 4th or 5th century!

Since a lot of people make it different ways, depending on where you live or how your mom makes it (that's how I learned to make it anyways), I figured I should share my ingredients:
  • Bread (This time I used Whole Wheat)
  • Eggs
  • Milk
  • Vanilla Extract
The amount you use of everything depends on how many you make. Four people were eating so I allowed all of us to get three pieces. In a medium sized bowl I mixed together 5 or 6 eggs, some milk...just enough so it's not to eggy and not to milky (probably about 3 cups ???), then about three small drops/pours of the vanilla extract.

Then, as you can see from the picture, I put butter and syrup on top!

Hope you enjoyed!

No comments: