Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Downtown Ann Arbor

This weekend, most of my time was spent in downtown Ann Arbor. I have never been downtown before and I met a friend in one of my photography classes who knows her way around the city. I met up with her on Saturday after I picked up my camera and we went straight to the farmers market.  I loved seeing the fresh fruits and vegetables along with handmade things from the locals.


I couldn't believe how busy the city was. In most downtown areas the streets are dead but here there were packs and packs of people. I loved it! We had fun walking the streets and seeing new things (well new to me anyways). I didn't even know that there was a Ben & Jerry's store! I'm so going back there sometime to get ice cream!


On Sunday I met up with my friend again but this time Boyfriend came along as well. One of the things that I didn't get to see on Saturday was graffiti alley. I've heard about it before from other classmates but everything's different in real life. It's just covered everywhere with graffiti and there's even this "gum wall" that's covered in gum and has been painted over. The graffiti is always changing so I'd like to go back there again to see what people have done.


We also went back to this place called Zingerman's. It first opened in Ann Arbor, Michigan in 1982 and since then it has become one of the country's leading specialty food stores. It's so cute inside! In the front there is a counter where you can purchase your choosing of bread and in the back there is a deli where you can get delirious meats and sandwiches and their shelves are covered with ingredients from all over the world. You can experience everything from corned beef and noodle kugel, to hand-picked Kalamata olives, to hand made croissants and pretty much everything in between.


And just because I don't think I've posted a picture of him before, here is Boyfriend along one of my favorite brick walls in Ann Arbor  : )

1 comment:

Leslie D. said...

Glad you had fun !!! We will have to find new places to venture to :-)